Monday, January 11, 2010

I've Gone and Done It

Yep, I finally joined the 21st century and started a blog! Those of you who know me really well probably saw this coming, maybe even wondered why the heck it took me so long. I'm not really sure myself.

I lay the blame for this blog squarely at the feet of facebook. That seemingly innocent site drew me in like a supermodel to Dexatrim. I loved (and still love) almost everything about it - becoming reacquainted with old friends, checking out everybody's pictures, leaving snarky comments, and eavesdropping on people's lives without getting in trouble for it. But the "what's on your mind?" paragraph sometimes just isn't enough for me. Especially since half the time I'm not sure exactly what is on my mind. I just want to babble. But babbling in under 420 characters is next to impossible, like taking only one bite out of a piece of turtle cheesecake.

This blog will be a work in progress for a while, so bear with me. I might even change its name at some point down the road. In case you're wondering, it's the title of a song by an obscure group called "Prefab Sprout" that a guy I dated in high school was almost pathologically addicted to. They're not bad - sometimes I still pull out the cd and give it a listen. Anyway, the title seemed appropriate given the events of the past year.

Time to hit the hay and dream about all the things I can blabber about in the weeks and months to come...goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I can't wait to read what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging!!! Adding you as a link now...

    ReplyDelete