Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tunes That Tame the Torture

I don't know about you, but I've been having an issue with keeping myself motivated lately - motivated to exercise, clean the house, keep things organized, etc. I browbeat myself into cleaning my bathroom today, and put on my headphones to listen to some songs I'd thrown together for workouts. Music always helps my moods - whether I need to calm down or get fired up. So I thought I'd share some of the songs I listen to when I'm working out or cleaning the house or generally need to get off my rear and get moving. For that, I need energy, speed, fierce beats, and attitude. I think all these songs have that in spades. Some of them I love because of the lyrics, and some in spite of them. Maybe you'll find one or two that you like and want to add to your "Get Moving!" collection, too. Enjoy!



This song by Rollins Band has been a favorite of mine since high school. It's great for those days when you just don't feel like getting out of bed or off the couch and going outside, or getting those chores done. I even like listening to it when I'm not working out, because it reminds me that life is short and you need to make the most of the time you've been given.




This Soundgarden song is another high school favorite. The crazy fast beat and relentless guitar are great for when you're going all out and don't think you can move your arms or legs one...more...time. I also like it for interval training, because it switches from super fast to very slow towards the end - a great cool-down period. And hey, if it was cool enough for Johnny Cash to cover...?




As for this next song, can you think of a better one to jump rope to?




Republica's "Ready to Go" (the US Mix) is also great for when you're going all out - spinning, running, or even scrubbing the shower pan! :-)




Love me some Beastie Boys, too...




I love this Black Eyed Peas tune - it just seems to take the torture out of working out. How can you possibly sit still while you're listening to this?




Okay...I gotta go get ready to work out! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment